Okay, so I have been slack with my blogging again. I have been travelling around Europe with work quite a bit, had a short holiday over Easter in Denmark, and also had 3 weeks of Summer Holiday in Germany.
- Tidied up the packaging and tried building the latest version of libdrumstick, but tests had been added to the package by upstream which were failing. I still need to get back and investigate that.
- Updated node-seq (targeted at experimental due to the Debian Stretch release freeze) and asked for sponsorship (as I did not have DM rights for it yet).
- Uploaded the latest version of abcmidi (also to experimental), and again.
- Updated node-tmp to the latest version and uploaded to experimental.
- Worked some more on bluebird RFP, but getting errors when running tests. I still haven’t gone back to investigate that.
- Updated node-coffeeify to the latest version and uploaded to experimental.
- Uploaded the latest version of node-os-tmpdir (also to experimental).
- Uploaded the latest version of node-concat-stream (also to experimental).
- After encouragement from several Debian Developers, I applied to become a full Debian Developer. Over the summer months I worked with Santiago as my Application Manager and answered questions about working in the Debian Project.
- A web vulnerability was identified in node-concat-stream, so I prepared a fix to the version in unstable, uploaded it to unstable, and submitted a unblock request bug so that it would be fixed in the coming Debian Stretch release.
- Debian 10 (Stretch) was released! Yay!
- Moved abcmidi from experimental to unstable, adding an autopkgtest at the same time.
- Moved node-concat-stream from experimental to unstable. During the process I had to take care of the intermediate upload to stretch (on a separate branch) because of the freeze.
- Moved node-tmp to unstable from experimental.
- Moved node-os-tmpdir from experimental to unstable.
- Filed a removal bug for creepy, which seems to be unmaintained upstream these days. Sent my unfinished Qt4 to Qt5 porting patches upstream just in case!
- Uploaded node-object-inspect to experimental to check the reverse dependencies, then moved it to unstable. Then a new upstream version came out which is now in experimental waiting for a retest of reverse dependencies.
- Uploaded the latest version of gramps (4.2.6).
- Uploaded a new version of node-cross-spawn to experimental.
- Discovered that I had successfully completed the DD application process and I was now a Debian Developer. I celebrated by uploading the Debian Multimedia Blends package to the NEW queue, which I was not able to do before!
- Tweaked and uploaded the node-seq package (with an RC fix) which had been sitting there because I did not have DM rights to the package. It is not an important package anyhow, as it is just one of the many dependencies that need to be packaged for Browserify.
- Packaged and uploaded the latest node-isarray directly to unstable, as the changes seemed harmless.
- Prepared and uploaded the latest node-js-yaml to experimental.
- Did an update to the Node packaging Manual now that we are allowed to use “node” as the executable in Debian instead of “nodejs” which caused us to do a lot of patching in the past to get node packages working in Debian.
- Did a freeze exception bug for ubuntustudio-controls, but we did not manage to get it sponsored before the Ubuntu Studio Zesty 17.04 release.
- Investigated why Ardour was not migrating from zesty-proposed, but I couldn’t be sure of what was holding it up. After getting some help from the Developer’s mailing list, I prepared “no change rebuild” of pd-aubio which was sponsored by Steve Langasek after a little tweak. This did the trick.
- Wrote to the Ubuntu Studio list asking for support for testing the Ubuntu Studio Zesty release, as I would be on holiday in the lead up to the release. When I got back, I found the release had gone smoothly. Thanks team!
- Worked on some blueprints for the next Ubuntu Studio Artful release.
- As Set no longer has enough spare time to work on Ubuntu Studio, we had a meeting on IRC to decide what to do. We decided that we should set up a Council like Xubuntu have. I drafted an announcement, but we still have not gone live with it yet. Maybe someone will have read this far and give us a push (or help). 🙂
- Did a quick test of Len’s ubuntustudio-controls re-write (at least the GUI bits). We better get a move on if we want this to be part of Artful!
- Tested ISO for Ubuntu Studio Xenial 16.04.3 point release, and updated the release notes.
- Started working on a merge of Qjackctl using git-ubuntu for the first time. Had some issues getting going, so I asked the authors for some advice.