It has been a long time since I worked on my family tree in Gramps, and I can see I have a lot of tidying up to do. Anyway, resurrecting my old website reminded me that I should extract the work as it stands, and publish it on my website using the Narrative Web Report…
So that was 2016! Here’s a summary of what I got up to on my computer(s) in December, a check of how I went against my plan, and the TODO list for the next month or so.
With a short holiday to Oslo, Christmas holidays, Christmas parties (at work and with Alexander at school, football etc.), travelling to Brussels with work, birthdays (Alexander & Antje), I missed a lot of deadlines, and failed to reach most of my Free Software goals (including my goals for new & updated packages in Debian Stretch – the soft freeze is in a couple of days). To top it all off, I lost my grandmother at the ripe old age of 93. Rest in peace Nana. I wish I could have made it to the funeral, but it is sometimes tough living on the other side of the world to your family.
- Worked on bootstrapping bluebird. Almost have it ready for sponsoring.
- Worked on converting Cree.py to Qt5.
- Packaged node-file-sync-cmp. The upload was sponsored by Pirate Praveen.
- Added the Ubuntu Studio testsuites to the package tracker, and blogged about running the Manual Tests.
- Finished converting my Family History Website to Jekyll.
- Had play with JMRI. Thinking of using it in the basement, and maybe packaging it for Debian.
Plan status & update for next month
Before the 5th January 2017 Debian Stretch soft freeze I hope to:
- Ensure node-tape makes it through into Stretch. – failed
- Work on all the dependencies needed to get kosmtik into Stretch. – failed
- Convert Cree.py from QT4 to QT5 to allow it to re-enter Stretch. – In progress
For the Debian Stretch release:
- Keep an eye on the Release Critical bugs list, and see if I can help fix any.
Add the Ubuntu Studio Manual Testsuite to the package tracker, and try to encourage some testing of the newest versions of our priority packages.– Done
- Finish the ubuntustudio-lightdm-theme, ubuntustudio-default-settings transition including an update to the ubuntustudio-meta packages. – Still to do
- Reapply to become a Contributing Developer. – Still to do
- Start working on an Ubuntu Studio package tracker website so that we can keep an eye on the status of the packages we are interested in. – Still to do
- Start testing & bug triaging Ubuntu Studio packages.
- Test Len’s work on ubuntustudio-controls
Continue working to convert my Family History website to Jekyll– Done
- Try and resurrect my old Gammon one-name study Drupal website from a backup and push it to the new GoONS Website project.
- Give JMRI a good try out and look at what it would take to package it.