We are happy to announce the release of our latest version, Ubuntu Studio 17.10 Artful Aardvark! As a regular version, it will be supported for 9 months. Since it’s just out, you may experience some issues, so you might want to wait a bit before upgrading. Please see the release notes for a complete list…
I am writing this from my hotel room in Bologna, Italy before going out for a pizza. After a successful Factory Acceptance Test today, I might also allow myself to celebrate with a beer. But anyway, here is what I have been up to in the FLOSS world for the last month and a bit.
- Uploaded gramps (4.2.6) to stretch-backports & jessie-backports-sloppy.
- Started working on the latest release of node-tmp. It needs further work due to new documentation being included etc.
- Started working on packaging the latest goocanvas-2.0 package. Everything is ready except for producing some autopkgtests.
- Moved node-coffeeify experimental to unstable.
- Updated the Multimedia Blends Tasks with all the latest ITPs etc.
- Reviewed doris for Antonio Valentino, and sponsored it for him.
- Reviewed pyresample for Antonio Valentino, and sponsored it for him.
- Reviewed a new parlatype package for Gabor Karsay, and sponsored it for him.
- Successfully did my first merge using git-ubuntu for the Qjackctl package. Thanks to Nish for patiently answering my questions, reviewing my work, and sponsoring the upload.
- Refreshed the gramps backport request to 4.2.6. Still no willing sponsor.
- Tested Len’s rewrite of ubuntustudio-controls, adding a CPU governor option in particular. There are a couple of minor things to tidy up, but we have probably missed the chance to get it finalised for Artful.
- Tested the First Beta release of Ubuntu Studio 17.10 Artful and wrote the release notes. Also drafted my first release announcement on the Ubunti Studio website which Eylul reviewed and published.
- Refreshed the ubuntustudio-meta package and requested sponsorship. This was done by Steve Langasek. Thanks Steve.
- Tested the Final Beta release of Ubuntu Studio 17.10 Artful and wrote the release notes.
- Started working on a new Carla package, starting from where Víctor Cuadrado Juan left it (ITP in Debian).