When I sat down to write this blog, I thought I hadn’t got much done in February. But as it took me quite a while to write up, there must have actually been a little bit of progress. With my wife starting a new job, there have been some adjustments in family life, and I have struggled just to keep up with all the Debian and Ubuntu emails. Anyway……..
- Backported Gramps 4.2.5 to Jessie Backports.
- Tested Ubuntu Studio 16.02.2 point release, marked as ready, and updated the Release Notes.
- Started updating my previous Gramps backport in Ubuntu to Gramps 4.2.5. The package builds fine, and I have tested that it installs and works. I just need to update the bug.
- Prepared updates to the ubuntustudio-default-settings & ubuntustudio-meta packages. There were some deferred changes from before Yakkety was released, including moving the final bit of configuration left in the ubuntustudio-lightdm-theme package to ubuntustudio-default-settings. Jeremy Bicha sponsored the uploads after suggesting moving away from some transitional ttf font packages in ubuntustudio-meta.
- Tested the Ubuntu Studio 17.04 First Beta release, marked as ready, and prepared the Release Notes.
- Upgraded my music studio Ubuntu Studio computer to Yakkety 16.1o.
- Got accepted as an Ubuntu Contributing Developer by the Developer Membership Board.
- After a merge of my Family Tree with the Family Tree of my wife in Gramps a long way back, I finally started working through the database merging duplicates and correcting import errors.
- Worked some more on the model railway, connecting up the other end of the tunnel section with the rest of the railway.
Plan status from last month & update for next month
For the Debian Stretch release:
- Keep an eye on the Release Critical bugs list, and see if I can help fix any. – In Progress
Finish the Gramps 5.2.5 backport for Jessie.– Done
- Package all the latest upstream versions of my Debian packages, and upload them to Experimental to keep them out of the way of the Stretch release.
- Begin working again on all the new stuff I want packaged in Debian.
Finish the ubuntustudio-lightdm-theme, ubuntustudio-default-settings transition including an update to the ubuntustudio-meta packages.– Done Reapply to become a Contributing Developer.– Done
- Start working on an Ubuntu Studio package tracker website so that we can keep an eye on the status of the packages we are interested in. – Started
- Start testing & bug triaging Ubuntu Studio packages. – In progress
- Test Len’s work on ubuntustudio-controls – In progress
- Do the Ubuntu Studio Zesty 17.04 Final Beta release.
- Give JMRI a good try out and look at what it would take to package it. – In progress
- Also look at OpenPLC for simulating the relay logic of real railway interlockings (i.e. a little bit of the day job at home involving free software – fun!). – In progress